Central Laboratory Services
Clinical Trial Biorepository
Safety and Security You Can Trust
Our state-of-the-art in-house biorepository provides short-term and long-term secure storage for a variety of biospecimen types and storage temperatures.
Storage conditions are constantly monitored, and chain of custody is captured for the duration of storage at LabConnect. A comprehensive biorepository sample management plan is created for each project to ensure samples are readily available for testing for compliance, drug safety, or further clinical analysis.
Entrust Your Biospecimens to
LabConnect reliably manages your valuable biospecimens, so you can rely on the data collected. We provide controlled access for our building and biorepository systems so your samples are fully secured.
LabConnect’s biorepository has been awarded accreditation by the College of American Pathologists (CAP). This prestigious accreditation is an endorsement of our quality practices and a testament to our commitment to excellence.
- Ambient, refrigerated, frozen (-20°C), ultra-low frozen (-80°C), and liquid nitrogen vapor phase storage (-196°C)
- Computerized inventory management system integrated with the LabConnect Clinical Trial LIMS, with 21CFR Part 11-compliant chain of custody
- 24/7 Computerized temperature, oxygen, and humidity monitoring systems with 21CFR Part 11-compliant audit trail and hierarchical alerts
- Backup power generators
- Backup freezers and liquid nitrogen tanks, fully validated and mapped
- Reliable HVAC systems
- Short-term or long-term storage
- Sample retrieval for shipment to analytical laboratories
- Documented sample destruction services
- Capacity for more than 2.5 million samples
- Full sample processing support, including:
- PBMC isolation and cryopreservation in liquid nitrogen, with viability assessment
- Genomic DNA extraction from a variety of sample matrices
- Annotated quality analytics: yield concentration, purity
- Blood fractionation into components
- Sample aliquoting (normalized to target or volumetric)
- Custom processing procedures and/or technology transfers